Andrew R. Bucher JD, BS, BBA
Andrew Bucher’s formal education sets him apart from other OVI DUI defense attorneys. Attorney Bucher did not take the typical route of history, political science, or some other liberal arts degree on the way to his law degree but rather received degrees in two areas that are critical to his chosen practice area.
BSPS (Bachelors of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences) Univ. of Toledo College of Pharmacy
BBA (Bachelors of Business Administration) Univ. of Toledo School of Business
Juris Doctor – University of Toledo College of Law
These undergraduate choices provide an extensive background in hard science such as:
- pharmacokinetics (how drugs, including alcohol, are absorbed, distributed, metabolized, and eliminated by the body)
- medicinal chemistry
- biological chemistry
- organic chemistry
- anatomy with a focus in pathophysiology
- and provides additional benefits through two years of laboratory experience.
OVI DUI litigation is very often the debate of how substances are processed by the body coupled with understanding of laboratory type testing procedures.
This is true not only of Ethanol (drinking alcohol) but of street drugs, OTC drugs, and perscription drugs. Attorney Bucher can “speak the language” of the experts the state of Ohio without the aid of an interpreter. Additionally, this can translate to savings by avoiding unnecessary expert analysis that less knowlegable attorneys may reccommend you pay for to compensate for their lack of understanding of these issues.
It bears noting that the BBA is a dual-major Marketing and Professional Sales. The ability to better communicate with Judges, Prosecutors, and Juries can lead to more favorable results at earlier stages of litigation and not guilty verdicts at the final stages of litigation.
Experience on All Levels in the State of Ohio
- Briefed and Argued Before the Ohio Supreme Court
- Briefed and Argued in Multiple Appellate Districts
- Conducted Jury Trials in Felony and Misdemeanor Matters
- Conducted Bench Trials in Traffic Matters (Jury not available)
- Filed and Conducting Hearings in Federal Court
- Experience in Courts Across Northwest Ohio
- Started as a Public Defender in Lucas County
- Previously Maintained Offices in Ottawa and Sandusky Counties
- Currently Maintaining Offices in Toledo, Ohio and Lima, Ohio
OVI DUI Experience
- OVI Trials (Bench and Jury)
- Extensive Suppression Hearing Experience
- NHTSA certified to Administer Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (the same training police receive on the same tests utilized by law enforcement in nearly every OVI/DUI stop)
- Additional Seminar Experience on Forensic Toxicology (breath, blood, and urine testing)
- OACDL Member (and attendee of the OACDL Advanced OVI Seminar)
- NCDD Member (currently the ONLY Northwest Ohio Member)
- Experience with OVI/DUI in cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, jet skis, ATVs, snowmobiles, and even golf carts
Balyeat, Leahy, Daley, & Miller
Selecting counsel is a crucial decision in any legal endeavor. Balyeat, Leahy, Daley, & Miller LLC is comprised of seven attorneys with more than 180 years of legal experience between them. This wealth of knowledge assures sound legal advice and zealous representation for our clients. All of the attorneys pride themselves on giving informed legal advice and providing staunch advocacy in their selected areas of practice